FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
June 1, 2018
Contact: Samantha Wingate
Phone: (603) 888-1982
North Star Athletes Take Top Honors Across A Wide Selection Of Events
World Academy in Nashua is excited to announce that both the girls and boys World Academy Track and Field Teams recently won the Tri-County Championship for Division V Track and Field.
This Championship win marks the third in a row for the World Academy boys, and the fifth year in a row for the World Academy girls.
The following World Academy students placed among the top five for their events:
- Shelby Richards- 1st Shot Put, 2nd Discus, 1st 1x100 Relay
- Erika Long- 1st Discus, 2nd Shot put
- Moutita Rana- 1st 400, 2nd 200, 3rd High Jump, 1st 4x100 Relay
- Maize Barker- 1st 1600, 1st 800, 3rdLong Jump, 4x400 Relay
- Krista Reid- 1st 200, 2nd 100, 3rdDiscus, 1st 4x100 Relay
- Duncan Premus- 1st 1600, 1st 400, 4thShot Put, 1st 4x400 Relay
- Sami Witta- 1st Discus, 2nd High Jump,3rd 400, 1st 4x400 Relay
- Nick Rushton- 2nd 1600, 2nd 800, 1st4x400
- Isabella Parisien- 1st High Jump, 5th400, 5th 800, 1st 4x400 Relay
- Anna Bilotta- 2nd High Jump, 5th Hurdles,1st 4x400
- Jahlen Buckmire- 4th 100, 3rd 200, 4th High Jump, 3rd 4x100 Relay
- Dean Liakos- 4th 1600, 4th Hurdles, 1st 4x400 Relay
- Jayden Montgomery- 5th 100, 5th 200, 3rd 1x100
- Chukwuebuka Okorie- 3rd hurdles, 3rd 4x100
- Anthony Troncellito- 4th 200, 3rd4x100
- Duran Jauregui Morris- 3rd 800, 5th1600
- Geneva Milani- 3rd Discus, 4th High Jump
- Audrey Barker- 5th High Jump, 1st 4x400
- Ryan Jolicoeur- 2nd Shot put
- Nick Dias- 4th 800
- Matthew Brodeur- 5th Discus
- Sohaum Kelkar- 5th Shot Put
- Madeline Billings- 5th Shot put
- Hannah Lynch 1st 4x100
A listing of the full results of the Championship Meet can be found at northstartiming.com.
In addition to winning our Championship Meet, there are 9 World Academy athletes that have qualified for the Invitational “Meet of Champions” at Milford High School on Tuesday, June 5. Qualifying students from World Academy include Shelby Richards (Shot Put / Discus), Erika Long (Discus/ Shot put), Mazie Barker (1600m), Sammi Witta (High Jump / Discus), Ryan Jolicoeur (Discus), Tita Rana (400), Krista Ried (100), Duncan Premus (1600) Jaylen Buckmire (High Jump).
World Academy extends its congratulations to these impressive athletes for their performance, and thanks to all parents, staff, and volunteers for their tireless efforts and team support throughout this season and the rest of the year. These efforts make the World Academy sports program successful, and their help is invaluable.
World Academy is a state licensed, independent, developmentally-appropriate and academically rigorous private school for children from ages six weeks through Grade 8. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, it offers high quality Early Childhood Programs, Elementary and Middle School, Before and Afterschool Programs, and Summer Quest Camp. For almost 40 years the school has been dedicated to providing all students with a high-quality, 21st-century, diverse, “whole child” focused education that supports families and engages all facets of a child’s being, including cognitive/intellectual, physical, social-emotional, cultural and creative aspects.
Located at 138 Spit Brook Road in Nashua, the state-of- the-art 55,000 square-foot campus features specialized wings for Nursery, Preschool, Elementary and Middle School students; three age-appropriate playgrounds; a natural playground; two in-ground swimming pools; Gymnasium/Theater complex with a rock climbing wall; nature trails; a soccer field; an accelerated Math Program; immersive World Languages programs; Lego Robotics built into the curriculum for K-8; and much more.
Students from World Academy have consistently been accepted into their first choice schools including Groton School, Middlesex School, Lawrence Academy, Bishop Guertin High School, Central Catholic High School, Berwick Academy, The Derryfield School, and The Pike School, to name a few.
For more information, contact Samantha Wingate, Director of Admissions at 603-888-1982.