Ann has been teaching at World Academy since December 2017. She began teaching in the Preschool 4.2 classroom, then to the Toddler 3 classroom. She is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island with her Bachelor’s Degree and from Rhode Island College with her Master’s Degree. She has her NH teaching certificate in Special Education and Early Childhood Education.
Ann was born and raised in Rhode Island with a large extended family, until she bought her home in New Hampshire with her husband, Al. She lives in Merrimack, NH with her two daughters and her cute bunny, Zeke. Ann enjoys camping and interesting day trips with her family and friends. She loves reading biographies, sewing, painting, swimming, kayaking/canoeing, hiking and snowshoeing. She also loves everything hot air balloons.
As an experienced educator, Ann helps her students love learning new things in fun ways. Her classroom instruction incorporates her creative activities and her love of reading. She knows the value of quality education for very young children. Early Education sets the tone for a long life of learning and is best accomplished when the adults at home and school work together. Ann works as a team with parents and school staff to help all children grow and develop emotionally, socially, physically, and academically. She believes all children are naturally curious about their world, and learn through experiences and play, therefore, she provides an interesting environment with many activity centers, including a wealth of materials to explore and time to explore them. She knows children want to feel competent, so she always supports a child “where he or she is,” and provides appropriate developmental tasks to overcome difficulties and meet any learning challenges – thus building a foundation for future growth.
Ann joined the World Academy community in December 2017.
- Masters of Education in Special Education & Early Childhood Education from Rhode Island College
- Bachelors of Arts in Speech Communications from University of Rhode Island
- NH State Board of Education Experienced Educator Certificate; Early Childhood Education, and General Special Education
- 2017 - Present - Toddler Teacher, World Academy
- 2017 - Preschool Teacher (3 yrs), Rivier University-Landry Early Education Center(LECC), Nashua, NH
- 2017 – Toddler Teacher (1-2 yrs), Rivier University(LECC), Nashua, NH
- 2016 – 2017 - Infant Lead/Mentor Teacher, Teacher to University Students, Rivier University(LECC)
- 2016 - Float Teacher, 6 wks. – 6 yrs., Rivier University Early Childhood Center
- 1999 – 2016 - Language Based Teacher, Middle School Gr. 6 – 8 and Upper Elementary School Gr. 5 - 6, Resource Inclusion Teacher Gr. 5 - 6, Merrimack School District
- 1994 – 1999 - Grade 4 Teacher and Spec. Ed. Liaison, St. Anthony School, Manchester, NH
- 1986 - 1994 - Learning Disabilities Resource Teacher, Gr. 4 – 6, Derry School District
- 1985 – 1986 - Grade 4 Teacher, St. Rocco School, Johnston, RI