Grade 2 Teacher
Brianna Chiccarelli has been teaching at World Academy since 2014. Since this time, Brianna has taught second grade and fifth grade Math and English Language Arts. She is a graduated from Western New England College in Springfield, Massachusetts and continued her education at the University of Alaska Southeast where she earned her master’s degree in Elementary Education. Brianna holds a New Hampshire State teaching certificate.
Mrs. Chiccarelli was born and raised in a small town in Connecticut. She now lives in Massachusetts with her husband and three-year-old daughter. Brianna loves spending time with her family, reading, and quilting. One of her favorite hobbies in geocaching and exploring new places.
Mrs. Chiccarelli believes that very child can and will learn if they are motivated by excited and knowledgeable teachers. Learning should be inquiry based. Students are excited to learn when the curriculum is invigorating, and the teacher is well prepared and fully invested in the learning process of his/her students. Good communication is essential to the formation of a strong class and to forming a strong learning community that is not afraid to take risks, ask questions, and fully participate in learning activities.
Mrs. Chiccarelli joined the World Academy community in 2014.
- M.Ed in Elementary Education, University of Alaska Southeast
- Bachelor of Arts in History and a Minor in Elementary Education, Western New England College
- New Hampshire Teacher Certification
- 2014-Present - Second Grade Teacher, World Academy
- 2011-2014 - Second Grade Teacher, John Trumbull Primary School (K-2)
- 2010-2011 - Substitute Teacher, John Trumbull Primary School (K-2)
- 2008-2010 - Third and Fourth Grade Teacher, King Cove School (Elementary K-5)