Mr. Kilgour is a new addition to the World Academy family after spending ten years gaining knowledge as a specialized teacher at Pelham High School in Pelham, NH. He received his Bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in Secondary Education from Worcester State University in 2004, has been a licensed educator in New Hampshire since 2007, and received his certificate in Paralegal Studies from Boston University in 2013.
Outside of World Academy, Mr. Kilgour enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, and son, writing, playing guitar, tabletop gaming, and playing chess. In fact, Mr. Kilgour is a frequent competitor on the New England chess circuit, is a Class E player, and has won two State Team Scholastic Championships as a coach. He has lived in Hudson, NH for the past ten years after growing up in Haverhill, MA.
In the classroom, Mr. Kilgour believes that teaching students through a curriculum that focuses on personal growth and creativity is essential to learning. His vast knowledge of literature, writing techniques, and personalized learning are applied through differentiated instruction and assessment. Mr. Kilgour believes that a student does best in the classroom when one’s creativity and personal interests are accentuated and integrated into classroom instruction and assessments. Mr. Kilgour also believes firmly that a classroom cannot be successful without collaboration between students, staff, and parents and that teaching students to embrace and appreciate diversity through literature translates into embracing and appreciating diversity in the world beyond World Academy’s walls.
Mr. Kilgour joined the World Academy community in 2018.
- B.A. in English, Minor in Secondary Education, Worcester State University
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies, Boston University
- New Hampshire Teacher Certification, Grades 7-12, Experienced Teacher
- 2018-Present - Middle School Teacher ELA/SS, World Academy
- 2011-2018 - Tutor, Sylvan Learning Center, Salem, NH
- 2007-2018 - Reading Tutor, Pelham High School, Pelham, NH
- 2006-2007 - Paraprofessional, Pelham High School, Pelham, NH
- 2009-2018 - Chess Club Adviser, Pelham High School, NH