Girija Ramapriya is a new addition to the team at World Academy. She started as a substitute teacher in May 2018 and continues as a part-time teacher for the year 2018-2019 teaching 5th grade Math and Social Studies. After a few years in the private sector, she received her M.Sc. from the London School of Economics, focused on international relations, management, and innovation. She is pursuing her 5-8/5-12 certification with New Hampshire, building off of her experience and initial MTEL certifications.
As a teacher, Ms. Ramapriya creates a student-centered learning environment for her students. Her instructional strategies vary throughout the lesson, addressing the different learning styles of her students. She actively engages her students, encouraging students to have ownership of what they learn, promoting student discovery and breakthroughs. Understanding that learning doesn’t just mean grades on a test, Girija also recognizes that students have different levels of affinity for certain subjects. By ensuring that the classroom remains an open environment, continues to reinforce the basics of the subject, and builds an interdisciplinary approach to curriculum topics, she ensures that all her students are successful learners.
Ms. Ramapriya joined the World Academy community in 2018.
- M.Sc. International Management, Technology and Innovation, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Biotechnology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- 2018, Middle School Substitute - World Academy
- 2017-Present - Co-founder/Co-CEO of Brazen Learning
- 2014-2016 - Project Manager, Velir Studios, Inc.
- 2011-2012 - Founder, The Other Brain Project
- 2010-2011 - Clinical Research Associate, Ora Inc.
- 2009-2010 - Veterinary Technician, Main St. Animal Hospital
- 2008-2009 - High School Chemistry Teacher, Methuen Public Schools (Grades 9-12)