Preschool Threes Teacher
Jill has been with World Academy since 2016. She started as a Full Time Substitute Teacher then became the Afternoon Teacher for the Preschool 3’s program. She is currently a Lead Teacher in the 3’s program. She has an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from Holyoke Community College and in 2016, graduated cum laude from Rivier University earning her B.A. in Human Development.
Jill grew up in Western Massachusetts. She was adopted as a young child from Korea by an Irish Family. She lives in Brookline with her husband. For many years Jill was nannying for various families in New York and the Boston area. She enjoys being outside and is an avid long-distance runner.
"My belief in education is to provide a safe, nurturing, and learning experience for everyone, including myself. I accomplish this by making sure children learn through interactions appropriately and effectively through guidance and self-exploration. Children learn by example, and I want to implement those skills in the classroom. Teaching them important life skills such as cooperative play, self-help, and empathy is an intricate part of their developmental growth. The classroom should have open communication with parents, and I want them to feel comfortable to ask any questions or concerns regarding their child’s development. I design my classroom to have an open-ended activity that provides an opportunity to learn and explore through age appropriate activities. I believe the classroom is the environment that provides social, emotional, and cognitive growth as children grow through their developmental stages."
Jill joined the World Academy community in 2016.
- Bachelors in Human Development from Rivier University
- Associates Degree, Early Childhood Education from Holyoke Community College
- 2017 - Present Lead Teacher, Preschool 3’s Early Childhood Department, World Academy (ECE)
- 2016 - 2017 Afternoon Teacher, Preschool 3’s Early Childhood Department, (ECE) World Academy
- 2016 - 2017 Full Time Substitute Teacher, Infant through Grade 8, World Academy
- 1990 - 2016 Nanny for various families throughout New England, Infant through Adolescents.