Laurie Deneault Collins
Music / Chorus Teacher
Laurie D. Collins has been teaching at World Academy for 30 years. When the Administration launched the Elementary Program, Mrs. Collins began in 1987 as their first Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade Elementary Looping Teacher. Some of the credentials that prepared her for this important position included an AA in Music and Performing Arts, a BA in Music Education K - Grade 12, and an ECE Certification. Since then, she went on to receive her M.Ed. All of her credentials were earned from Rivier College (currently, Rivier University). Positive experiences continued to multiply as Mrs. Collins followed her students from grade to grade. In 1998, when the Music Teacher position became available, she transitioned and has been developing the Music Program ever since.
Mrs. Collins resides in Nashua with her husband, Dillard of 38 years. Their son, Daniel, his wife, Lindsey and their daughter, Allie have a home in nearby Burlington, MA. Their daughter, Maria has made her home in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Mrs. Collins is fortunate to live next door to her parents and her brother & wife are a short walk up the hill. When she is not with her World Academy family, you will find her cooking and preparing for frequent family gatherings. Mr & Mrs. Collins visit Cape Cod often to visit with his family and will also travel near and far with longtime friends from church.
As indicated above, Mrs. Collins will take every opportunity to celebrate each day and all that life offers. She works with devotion and compassion with each person that shares her day. “Together, we create a caring, positively supportive community where exploring, creating, problem-solving, and collaborating become the framework of our learning in Music and Character Education”. The K - 8 Music Program features interdisciplinary connections that articulate the fundamentals of Music Theory, Composition, Lyrical Writing and Performance. We study to properly express how our cultural enrichment enhances and empowers each of us through the performance of our thoughts, ideas, and emotions.
Mrs. Collins joined the World Academy community in 1987.
- Associate Degree in Performing Arts, Rivier College
- Bachelor of Arts Music Education K-12, Rivier College
- ECE Certification, Rivier College
- M.Ed, Rivier College
- NH Certified Teacher - HQT Status
- 1987 - Present - Music Teacher, Chorus & Performance Director, Guitar & Piano Teacher, Character Ed. & Peer Leadership Teacher, World Academy
- 1 Year - Elementary Classroom Teacher, Nashua, NH School District
- 9 Years - Elementary Classroom, K - Gr. 3 Looping Teacher, World Academy
- 1 Year - Elementary Music Teacher, North Attleboro Public School, MA
- 1 Year - Preschool Teacher, PMA Hudson, NH