Lindsey Parisi has been teaching at World Academy since 2018. She is a graduate of University of New England with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a minor in Literature. She is also a graduate of Merrimack College with a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Curriculum and Instruction. She was a certified Early Childhood Teacher in the state of Massachusetts and is working towards her New Hampshire credentialing.
She was born in Newton, NH but grew up in Andover, MA with her mom, brother and grandparents. She recently moved to Derry, NH when she got married to her husband in October of 2017. She enjoys going or hikes with her husband and corgi, Graciemae and hanging out with their rabbit, Finnegan. She also enjoys doing DIY projects and spending time with her family and friends.
She believes in fostering a child’s ability to take in and explore his/her environment in a way that is comforting and nurturing. By creating an atmosphere that feels safe for the child, he/she then feel safe to go explore and try new things. Children should know their teacher will be there for them as a support when they need it. She feels that the children she has cared for succeeded the most when she took an interest in their interests. By taking the time to truly understand whom each of her children were, she was able to create her lessons and curriculum so that each child could make a connection that was meaningful for them. She feels a teacher’s strongest tool is knowledge of their students. By having this knowledge a teacher has no limits on where they can lead their students during their educational journey.
Lindsey joined the World Academy community in 2018.
- B.S. in Psychology, Minor in Literature from University of New England
- M.Ed in Early Childhood Curriculum and Instruction from Merrimack College
- MA State Certified Teacher
- 2018 - Present Infant Teacher, World Academy
- 4.5 years as an Infant and Young Toddler Teacher at Next Generation Children’s Center in Andover, MA
- Half year as Kindergarten Classroom Aide (student teaching) at Heath Brooke Elementary School in Tewksbury, MA
- One year volunteering as Classroom Aide in Kindergarten and Second Grade at St. Augustine’s in Andover, MA
- One year Internship in Preschool Classroom at St. Louis Child Development Center in Biddeford, ME