K-8 French Teacher
Maria Bronfine has been teaching at World Academy for four years. She is a graduate of Sorbonne University, Paris, France with a Diploma of French Language and Civilization and a Master’s Degree in German Language and Literature. She also holds a New Hampshire Experienced Educator Certificate in both French and German.
Born in Ukraine, Mme Bronfine grew up speaking Ukrainian, Russian, and Polish. She later was fortunate to be able to study in Germany, Austria, and France. Her parents immigrated to France when she was eighteen, and since then France has truly been her second home and the great source of her inspiration. Mme Bronfine lives in Hollis with her husband and their two daughters.
Being very enthusiastic about teaching languages, Mme Bronfine enjoys sharing her love of languages with the students. Having keen respect for each individual student and appreciation for the differences among us, she believes in creating the environment in which all students feel engaged, supported and challenged.
Mme Bronfine joined the World Academy community in 2014.
- NH Experienced Educator Certificate, World Languages: French, German
- Master’s Degree in German Language and Literature, Sorbonne University, Paris, France
- Diploma of French Language and Civilization, Sorbonne University, Paris, France (Equivalent of U.S. Master of Arts in French Language and Literature)
- Master’s Degree in Romance and Germanic Languages and Literature, University of Lviv, Ukraine
- Advanced Training Program in German Language, University of Vienna, Austria
- Training Program in German Language, University of Freiburg, Germany
- 2014-Present – French Teacher, World Academy
- 2012-2014 – Substitute Teacher at Nashua and Hollis-Brookline School Districts
- 2006-2007 - Preschool Teacher, Jewish Community Center, Indianapolis, IN
- 1998-2001 - French and German Teacher, Berkshire Country Day School, Stockbridge, MA
- 1998-2000 - German Instructor, Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA