Middle School Teacher
MaryBeth Arling joined World Academy in 2015 as a middle school teacher. She is a 2001 graduate of the University of New Hampshire with a Master’s in Elementary Education, and she holds a New Hampshire Teaching Certifications in Elementary Education (K-8), as well as Middle School Math (5-8).
Mrs. Arling grew up in Bedford, New Hampshire and attended the University of New Hampshire majoring in Business Administration and Economics. After graduation, she spent sixteen years at Verizon until deciding on a career change to education. Mrs. Arling and her husband live in Windham, New Hampshire with their two boys, Noah and Chris, as well as their two labs, Chelsea and Casey. Both Noah and Chris are graduating this year from college.
Mrs. Arling loves teaching in the Middle School level, giving the students the support and skills to try and practice as part of their learning. Providing her students with a safe environment to try new things, challenge themselves to work harder, and collaborating with new friends is an integral part of her classroom. She values input from all students, and will generally call on a large number of students to increase participation and allow all students to find, refine and enjoy their voice. Mrs. Arling feels it is very important to be available to her students, whether it be a classroom moment, a lunch break, a study or after school. It is very important for her to get to know each students in school as well as out. She makes positive connections with all her students. She loves to recognize and celebrate individual achievements as it highlights the rich diversity at World Academy.
Mrs. Arling joined the World Academy community in 2015.
- Masters of Education in Elementary Education, UNH
- BS in Business Administration and Economics, UNH
- NH State Certified Teacher - Highly Qualified Teacher Certification Elementary Ed/Math (5-8)
- 2015-Current - Middle School Teacher Math/SS, World Academy
- 2014-2015 - Grades 5 and 6 Title 1 Teacher,, McKelvie Intermediate School
- 2013-2014 - Grades 7 and 8 Math Teacher, Elm Street Middle School
- 2009-2012 - Long Term Substitute Positions (Grade 5-8), Windham NH, Pelham, NH, Nashua NH, Hooksett NH
- 1986-2002 - Technical Planning and Product Management Positions, New England Telephone/NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/ Verizon