Patrice has worked in the early childhood field since 2000. Patrice has been at world academy for 6 years. Patrice grew up in North Chelmsford MA and graduated with an Associate’s degree from Rivier University (formerly Rivier College) in Nashua NH in 2004.
Currently, Patrice lives in Nashua, NH with her daughter, Kaylee, and son, Kayden. In her spare time Patrice loves to scrapbook, do arts and crafts, go to the movies, and spend time with her family. In the summer Patrice and her family like to spend time at her parent’s lake house in Maine.
"I believe children learn through play. I feel it is important for children to feel safe, nurtured, and loved by their teachers and friends. Children should participate in activities as they are ready and confident to do so. Social interaction and verbal communication are important in the toddler learning process and will continue with them throughout life. Praise is highly important for children to gain confidence. Children should be offered choices regarding the activities which most interest them, but also be encouraged to try new things. These options provide practice in decision making, as well as, promote independence. Additionally, it allows children to feel control over their day. All of this will help children develop a sense of self-worth, which will reinforce each child’s ability to be successful."
Patrice joined World Academy community in 2012.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from Rivier University (formerly Rivier College)
- 2012 – Present – Toddler Teacher, World Academy
- 2008 – 2012 – Lead Toddler Teacher, Children’s House, Springfield MA
- 2006 – 2008 - Lead Toddler Teacher, Countryside Children Center, Portsmouth RI
- 2003 – 2006 - Various full time and part time Nanny Positions
- 2001 – 2003 - Lead Preschool Teacher,, Alphabet Soup Preschool, Westford MA
- 2000 - 2001 - Teachers Assistant-Preschool, Early Childhood Education Center, Rivier University, Nashua NH
- 1999 - 2001 - Secretary/Teachers Assistant, Alphabet Soup Preschool, Westford MA