Preschool Threes Teacher
Saskia has been teaching at World Academy since January 2018. She graduated from the Hans-Boeckler-Kollegschule in Germany with a Degree in Early Childhood Education, which has been transferred to an Associate Teacher qualification in New Hampshire.
Saskia is originally from Germany and lived there until she was 22 years old. She first came to the United States as an AuPair. She met her husband during that time and decided to move permanently to the US. Saskia and her husband reside in Nashua with their three children and cat. Saskia enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going to the gym, movies and reading.
Saskia believes the best way for children to learn is through play, and that is why she works hard on creating a classroom environment that offers daily learning experiences and activities that are hands on and developmentally-appropriate. Saskia believes that it is her responsibility as a teacher to create these environments through observations and help of the children. Real-life experiences need to be part of daily activities, as well. Those activities provide children with a connection to the real world and promote self-help skills.In order to achieve her goals as a teacher, she makes sure children feel safe and secure. Parents also need to feel that their child is safe and secure and that's why a strong, positive connection with families is so important. Communication in any form is also key to a successful relationship between families and teachers.
Saskia joined the World Academy community in 2018.
- Vocational High School Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Associate Teacher Qualified)
- 2011 NHIT Organization and Management for the Practicing Professionals (ECE) 4 credits
- 1996 -1997 1-Year Practicum - Kindergarten Skagerragstrasse, Germany
- 1993-1996 Hans-Boeckler Kollegschule, Germany - German Degree in Early Childhood Education (Associate Teacher Qualified)
- 2018-Present World Academy - Preschool Teacher
- 2016–2018 - The Children’s Greenhouse - Toddler Teacher
- 2013–2016 - Children’s Quest Academy - Preschool Teacher, Toddler Teacher
- 2005–2013 - KinderCare Learning Center - Program Specialist, Health and Safety Coordinator, Toddler Teacher, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher, Learning Adventures Teacher (Music, Spanish, Fitness)