Srilakshmi (Sri) Sankar
Assistant Principal / Elementary Mathematics Department Head
Sri Sankar has been working at World Academy since August 2014. She has a Masters in Mathematics Education, grades 5-12 from WGU University and a Bachelor of Business degree from one of the leading universities in South India. She holds a Middle School and High School certification for the state of New Hampshire.
Mrs. Sankar lives in Windham NH and enjoys spending time with her family, reading, listening to music, singing, and cooking.
Mrs. Sankar bring with her to the classroom, not only the international experience that she has, but also the dedication and passion for teaching mathematics, through content knowledge, practical experience, skills to provide individualized and differentiated instruction, strategies to teach culturally diverse students, and the ability to build a good rapport with students to build receptivity. She focuses on teaching students to use their logic and reasoning skills to understand Math concepts and motivate them to gain a deeper understanding. Apart from investing time in teaching strategies and student growth in terms of learning, she also believes in the need to have a positive relationship with students, their families, and her colleagues.
She starts the 2018 school year as an Assistant Principal, under the guidance of Mrs. Marie Kirk and Dr. Lisa Dias, and she is grateful for the opportunity. Her primary focus this year is going to be working with all students and their families and teachers to achieve an environment where everyone feels valued and believes they can be successful, playing an active role in keeping the lines of communication open with students, parents, and colleagues, partnering up with parents to come up with the best strategies to improve student performances, and provide support for teachers to reflect on the teaching strategies based on the feedback received.
Mrs. Sankar joined the World Academy community in 2014.
- Masters in Mathematics Education, WGU University
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Bharathiar University
- New Hampshire Experienced Mathematics Educator Certification Middle School & High School, grades 5-12 - HQT
- 2015-Present – Mathematics Department Head, World Academy
- 2014-Present - Mathematics Teacher, World Academy
- 2010-2014 – Math Tutor, Pelham High School
- 2009-2010 - Math Instructional Assistant, Pelham High School
- 2005-2007 – Math Instructional Assistant, Pelham Memorial School