Welcome to World Academy
Welcome to World Academy! If you place a high priority on an experience in which individuality, critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, discovery and optimal performance can develop and flourish for your child, then our school is the right choice for you and your family.
Our mission is to educate, nurture and enhance the cognitive/intellectual, physical, socio-emotional, cultural and creative development of the "whole" child, from Birth through Grade 8 through comprehensive, intentional and authentic 21st century experiences while supporting and enriching the whole family. We accomplish all of this in a safe, secure, state-of-the-art environment with limitless opportunities for all! Our core values encompass safety, balance, the individual, diversity and community.
Our goal is to build a strong foundation, provide students with enriched opportunities and support them in achieving personal success. All of our programs are designed to offer a seamless continuum of knowledge and skills from one level to the next with a curriculum that embraces the diversity of our families, and promotes individual success and confidence to give each a competitive advantage in his/her global future. We warmly welcome you to our "world of opportunity"!
Kathleen Nelson, School President
At World Academy, our focus is on providing families with a continuum of year-round quality education, care and recreation for children six weeks of age through Grade 8. This includes academically-rigorous and developmentally-appropriate classes focusing on literacy, character, pluralism, enrichment and individualized learning.
We accomplish our mission through an in-depth, quality curriculum, small classes, inspired staff, and a focus on excellence in education, student empowerment, diversity, values and the attainment of conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Everything we do underscores our belief that:
- People are of the highest value.
- Each child has the right to develop at his/her own rate.
- Education is a responsibility shared among students, parents, teachers, administration and community.
- One of the best ways to support children is to support families.
- All age levels deserve an appropriate, challenging and comprehensive, relevant curriculum that addresses all aspects of the ‘whole child.’
- A well-rounded education balances the academic, socio-emotional, cognitive-intellectual, developmental, physical, cultural and creative aspects while accounting for unique student talents and abilities.
- A multi-cultural environment enables a broader world view and affords students the opportunity to develop an understanding of pluralism, diversity and tolerance.
- A nurturing and collaborative learning environment provides students with a sense of belonging and individual worth, encourages mutual respect and safety, fosters character development, and enhances learning.
- All individuals are expected to model respect, trustworthiness, fairness, kindness, citizenship and ethical behavior.
- All constituents deserve to be safe and secure in the school environment.
- 21st century skills are vital for success in the ever-changing global future.
- All students can learn and deserve the best opportunities our ‘World’ can offer.