Dr. Lisa Dias
Head of School
Lisa Dias joined World Academy in 2001 as a Physical Education and Health Teacher and in 2007 became our Principal. She earned her Masters in Education from Plymouth State University with K-12 certiﬁcation and earned a Doctorate in Education in Leadership and Learning from Rivier University in 2016. In 2018 Dr. Dias transitioned from Principal to Head of School where she works collaboratively with the school President and the Administrative team.
Lisa developed a passion for sports at a young age and grew up in Ontario, Canada playing competitive ice hockey and soccer. Her talents allowed her to play Division I soccer for UNH on a full athletic scholarship. She now resides in Nashua with her husband, Chris, and son, Nick, a World Academy Alumnus. When not at school, she is a devoted hockey mom and enjoys traveling with her son to all of his practices and games.
“As an administrator and educator, I am interested in research on the topic of brain-based teaching and learning. Understanding how students learn and process new information allows us to better meet the needs of our students. Providing meaningful experiences can help create new neural pathways in the brain. By taking what we know about the brain, development, and learning, we can apply research-based techniques to enhance our teaching and facilitate learning.”
- Doctorate in Education & Leadership at Rivier College
- Master of Education/Physical Education/Health from Plymouth State University
- BS in Health & Human Services from University of NH
- NH State Certified Teacher
- 2017 - Present - World Academy, Head of School
- 2007 - 2017 - World Academy, Principal K-8
- 2001 - 2007 - World Academy Principal and Health and Elective Teacher
- 2001 - 2006 - World Academy Sr. Summer Camp Director, Physical Education & Health Teacher
- 1998 - 1999 - Therapeutic Recreation Specialist at NE Health Center
- 1998 - Recreation Therapist Intern at Whittier Rehab Hospital