The Infant program at World Academy is a year round, full day, five day a week program. Ratios are kept very small in this program, with a maximum room capacity of twelve, which allows our teachers to provide much one on one time with each child. Our teachers are the key to making the program a safe, nurturing environment that will enable your child to develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually. The infant room is designed with your child's safety in mind. When an environment is safe, children can explore, test new skills and investigate their world without interference
We knew we needed to make a change, in order to enrich our daughter’s learning experience. Our public school was fine, but we wanted more than they could offer. On the other hand, private schools that pushed highly competitive academics and sports lacked the ability to see our child as an individual. When we walked into World Academy, we knew we had found something different, altogether, we felt the sense of family and community. Thank you!- The Leone Family
World Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or gender, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of its educational or admissions policies. Students with disabilities will be accommodated to the extent of the services and resources available.
Since it is our goal to provide an enriched environment that will foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth for all of our children, we consider the aptitude and attitude of the student and the commitment of the parents to be integral to the admissions process.
All families interested in a World Academy placement for their children may call and request a detailed tour of our school. While it isn’t a requirement that the student be present for the initial tour, it is encouraged, as we will need to meet the child before accepting him/her into our program. We also invite the student to visit and observe the classroom that the school selects as the best fit based on age, development and ability to be on target for appropriate future Kindergarten attendance. This will ensure the proper placement of your child in a program in which your child will flourish. Parents will be provided with an Ages and Stages Questionnaire on their tour which coincides with the chronological age of your child. This should be returned to school at the time of the student’s observation. After the visit, the school administration will be in contact with the parent to discuss the placement and review the next step in the enrollment process.
In order to finalize the enrollment process, the following forms and procedures must be completed and received 48 hours prior to a child starting in our program.
- Registration Form turned in with the non-refundable Registration Fee and any tuition that may be due.
- A copy of the necessary records (transcripts, up-to-date physical and immunization forms and other pertinent health, educational and/or legal records) on file at school by the first day of class (mandated by the State of NH)
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Child Developmental History Form
- Activities Permission Form and Waiver
- Child Precaution Form
- Financial Agreement Form (This acknowledges full understanding of and agreement with school payment policies, financial obligations and school procedures.)
- Appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire
Meet the Staff
I love World Academy because it get’s me a fantastic education and every teacher I have had is so nice! I chose this school because it is a school that has creative projects, field trips and so much more.- Margo Liakos
Our nursery program is based on the RIE (Resources For Infant Educators) philosophy that allows our children to grow and develop at their own pace. RIE helps raise children to be confident, aware, focused, cooperative and resourceful. This philosophy is firmly based on respect and individuality. Some of the goals of the RIE philosophy are:
To provide an environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging and emotionally nurturing
To provide the child involvement in all care activities (allowing them to be an active participant rather than a passive recipient)
Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, explorer and self-learner
Clearly defined limits and expectations to develop discipline
To explore and interact with other infants and have time for uninterrupted play
The beginning of language development and the building block for security, trust and attachment
A child's earliest form of exploration is through utilizing all of his/her senses (touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound). Teachers facilitate each child's experience and foster "authenticity" in all. Teachers look not only at the needs of each child, but also at the needs of each family and work in partnership towards meeting both. An infant needs nurturing, love, consistency, touch, movement, exploration, interactions with others, comfort, challenge and stimulation. These help develop the child's feelings of security, trust, self-worth and self-identity, curiosity, creativity and active involvement with people and the world. Our infant program has been developed to meet these needs by doing the following:
- Each child has a ‘primary teacher' that usually feeds and changes the child. This provides a level of consistency for the child.
- A crib is provided for every infant in the program personalized with reminders from home
- Our teachers sit on the floor with the children to encourage and facilitate interaction eye to eye
- Infants are allowed free range of motion in our program
- The classroom is designed to allow children to explore and discover at their own pace
- Daily use of our well planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate infant/toddler playground
- Daily walks (weather-permitting)
When we selected World Academy for Colin's daytime care, we toured six different centers and found World Academy's Early Childhood Education programs, space, and menu to be superior to most of the other facilities we had viewed. We have been pleased with the care that Colin has received from Miss Lindsay, Miss Audrey, and the rest of the staff, and we have delighted in Colin's growth and development thanks to his time there. Both sets of grandparents and even our friends have expressed how impressed they are with the building, the classroom, and how happy he seems at the end of his days there. - The Hogan-Pherson Family
Tuition Rate Schedule for New Families Effective 1/1/18
Monthly Tuition Rates
A 5% tuition discount is offered on the lower tuition for second and subsequent children in a family who enroll at World Academy.
- $125 - Non-Refundable Registration Fee Due With Registration Paperwork
- All programs include morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack.
- Breakfast is included for all students who attend prior to 8 AM.