The Infant program at World Academy is a year-round, full day, five-day a week program. Ratios are kept small in this program and each child keeps his/her own schedule, which allows our teachers to provide much one on one time with each child. Our teachers are the key to making the program a safe, nurturing environment that will enable your child to develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually. The Infant Room is designed with your child's safety in mind. When an environment is safe, children can explore, test new skills and investigate their world without interference
We couldn't be happier with the experience we have had at World Academy. Our children have grown in ways we couldn't have imagined. The teachers here are amazing, and my family has always felt supported by the school. We would recommend it to anyone!- Parent, World Academy
World Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or gender, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of its educational or admissions policies. Students with disabilities will be accommodated to the extent of the services and resources available.
Since it is our goal to provide an enriched environment that will foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth for all of our children, we consider the aptitude and attitude of the student and the commitment of the parents to be integral to the admissions process.
All families interested in a World Academy placement for their children may call and request a detailed tour of our school. While it isn’t a requirement that the student be present for the initial tour, it is encouraged, as we will need to meet the child before accepting him/her into our program. We also invite the student to visit and observe the classroom that the school selects as the best fit based on age, development and ability to be on target for appropriate future Kindergarten attendance. This will ensure the proper placement of your child in a program in which your child will flourish. Parents will be provided with an Ages and Stages Questionnaire on their tour which coincides with the chronological age of your child. This should be returned to school at the time of the student’s observation. After the visit, the school administration will be in contact with the parent to discuss the placement and review the next step in the enrollment process.
In order to finalize the enrollment process, the following forms and procedures must be completed and received 48 hours prior to a child starting in our program.
- Registration Form turned in with the non-refundable Registration Fee and any tuition that may be due.
- A copy of the necessary records (transcripts, up-to-date physical and immunization forms and other pertinent health, educational and/or legal records) on file at school by the first day of class (mandated by the State of NH)
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Child Developmental History Form
- Activities Permission Form and Waiver
- Child Precaution Form
- Financial Agreement Form (This acknowledges full understanding of and agreement with school payment policies, financial obligations and school procedures.)
- Appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire
Meet the Staff
We love World Academy. Our 2 year old son is in his first year of the Toddler program. The teachers are so supportive and create a warm, happy environment. The focus truly is on the children. We love seeing him try new things, gaining confidence and having lots of fun. The facilities are beautiful. - Parent, World Academy
Our Nursery program philosophy allows our children to grow and develop at their own pace and helps raise children to be confident, aware, focused, cooperative and resourceful. Our philosophy is firmly based on respect and individuality. Some of the goals of our philosophy are:
To provide an environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging and emotionally nurturing
To provide the child involvement in all care activities (allowing them to be an active participant rather than a passive recipient)
Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, explorer and self-learner
Clearly defined limits and expectations to develop discipline
To explore and interact with other infants and have time for uninterrupted play
The beginning of language development and the building block for security, trust and attachment
A child's earliest form of exploration is through utilizing all of his/her senses (touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound). Teachers facilitate each child's experience and foster "authenticity" in all. Teachers look not only at the needs of each child, but also at the needs of each family and work in partnership towards meeting both. An infant needs nurturing, love, consistency, touch, movement, exploration, interactions with others, comfort, challenge and stimulation. These help develop the child's feelings of security, trust, self-worth and self-identity, curiosity, creativity and active involvement with people and the world. Our infant program has been developed to meet these needs by doing the following:
- Each child has a ‘primary teacher' that most often feeds and changes the child. This provides a level of consistency for the child.
- A crib is provided for every infant in the program personalized with reminders from home
- Our teachers sit on the floor with the children to encourage and facilitate interaction eye to eye
- Once certain developmental milestones are reached, the Nursery Gross Motor Room is available for use.
- Infants are allowed free range of motion in our program
- The classroom is designed to allow children to explore and discover at their own pace
- Use of our well planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate infant/toddler playground
- Daily walks (weather-permitting)
Tuition Rate Schedule for New Families Effective 1/1/22
Monthly Tuition Rates
A 5% tuition discount is offered on the lower tuition for second and subsequent children in a family who enroll at World Academy.
- $150 - Non-Refundable Registration Fee Due With Registration Paperwork
- All programs include morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack Monday through Thursday.
- Fresh fruit is included for all students who attend prior to 8 AM.