The Preschool Threes Program at World Academy is a year round, full day program with the option to bring your child 2 to 5 days per week. Child to teacher ratios are 8:1, with a maximum class size of sixteen. The pre-school program is as diverse in scope as the children enrolled in the program. The program is geared towards helping each child develop habits of observation, questioning, listening, and an awareness of feelings. The curriculum focuses on the right of each child to express those feelings in a positive manner by channeling them into appropriate means of expression. Each child learns to make choices for him/herself and begins to develop an understanding of the world. An open-ended program such as ours prepares children to utilize their intellectual and creative abilities in future learning tasks and decisions. Each child learns at a different rate in a different way...but every day is a day of learning because the program is tailored to fit each child (not the other way around)!
The Preschool Threes Program is not just a wonderful preparation for elementary school, it is a place where young children can meet and interact, feel safe away from Mom and Dad, while learning and having fun. Our school will stimulate your child's imagination and physical, social, emotional development, while providing excellent opportunities for intellectual exploration.
The classroom is composed of different activity centers that allow children to express themselves and freely explore the world around them. Activity centers are designed to provide maximum challenge and interest to each child’s body and mind. The teacher encourages activities that enable children to learn through both sensory and motor experiences, while the classroom setting enables this learning process through its basic set up. Emphasis in the Preschool Threes program is placed on refining gross motor skills, learning basic colors, shapes, numbers and beginning writing skills. Children in the Preschool Threes Program participate in Music & Movement, American Sign Language and Physical Education.
Some of the unique features of the World Academy Preschool Threes program are:
- The program is tailored to fit each child - individual student plans are created for each
- The program is designed to provide a sense of empowerment and independence
- Each class in Preschool Threes encourages respect for others
- Children participate in physical education that focuses on activities designed to enhance gross-motor development for the age
- Children participate in Music & Movement that focuses on rhythm, beat, dancing, and singing
- Exciting field trips to local places of interest are a part of the curriculum
- Daily use of our well-planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate playground exclusively for three and four year old students.
- 2 nutritious meals and 3 tasty snacks are provided daily.
- Flexible schedules in Preschool Threes- choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week to attend with four different time options (full days only)
This being our first year at World Academy we can honestly say that we are happy with the progress our 2nd grader, Ashley Ross has made. The transition has been flawless and Ashley loves coming to school every day. She has made great friends and her teacher Mrs. Karen Stone has been truly wonderful!- Colin and Theresa Ross
World Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or gender, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of its educational or admissions policies. Students with disabilities will be accommodated to the extent of the services and resources available.
Since it is our goal to provide an enriched environment that will foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth for all of our children, we consider the aptitude and attitude of the student and the commitment of the parents to be integral to the admissions process.
All families interested in a World Academy placement for their children may call and request a detailed tour of our school. While it isn’t a requirement that the student be present for the initial tour, it is encouraged, as we will need to meet the child before accepting him/her into our program. We also invite the student to visit and observe the classroom that the school selects as the best fit based on age, development and ability to be on target for appropriate future Kindergarten attendance. This will ensure the proper placement of your child in a program in which your child will flourish. Parents will be provided with an Ages and Stages Questionnaire on their tour which coincides with the chronological age of your child. This should be returned to school at the time of the student’s observation. After the visit, the school administration will be in contact with the parent to discuss the placement and review the next step in the enrollment process.
In order to finalize the enrollment process, the following forms and procedures must be completed and received 48 hours prior to a child starting in our program.
- Registration Form turned in with the non-refundable Registration Fee and any tuition that may be due.
- A copy of the necessary records (transcripts, up-to-date physical and immunization forms and other pertinent health, educational and/or legal records) on file at school by the first day of class (mandated by the State of NH)
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Child Developmental History Form
- Activities Permission Form and Waiver
- Child Precaution Form
- Financial Agreement Form (This acknowledges full understanding of and agreement with school payment policies, financial obligations and school procedures.)
- Appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire
Meet the Staff
Founder / PresidentRead Bio
Dr. Lisa Dias
Head of SchoolRead Bio
ECE DirectorRead Bio
ECE Department HeadRead Bio
Preschool Threes Associate TeacherRead Bio
Preschool Threes TeacherRead Bio
Preschool Threes TeacherRead Bio
Preschool Threes TeacherRead Bio
Preschool Threes TeacherRead Bio
Preschool Threes TeacherRead Bio
Jack has grown tremendously and with great pleasure we have enjoyed his journey thus far. As his parents we are so grateful for the constant support and creative adventures of his education. World Academy has been his rock. Thank you!! - The Staly Family
Our enrichment programs are an important feature of a World Academy Preschool Education:
In support of today’s diverse learners, the use of American Sign Language in the classroom has grown considerably over the years. American Sign Language, as well as all additional language offerings, has been determined to enhance the natural progression of learning by bringing visual, auditory, and kinesthetic feedback to assist our teachers in reaching all students. Through sign language participation, students become actively engaged while increasing language and literacy development, in addition to encouraging positive interactions between peers and adults. It has been documented that young children introduced to various languages learn better in all subjects across the board and brain studies support increased neural connections on those who are exposed to multiple languages early in life.
Children’s exposure to interactive media and technology are progressively supplementally becoming a part of the context of young children’s growth and development, and such, have an additional role in the developmentally appropriate framework. Technology tools assist early childhood programs in fostering and expanding effective practices, intentionally selecting software that improves creativity, as a tool to view critically and to make decisions, in addition to, performing research, observing and documenting. The specific tech elements utilized at this time in our ECE classrooms consist of an overhead projector attached to a laptop with internet access for re-learning, critical thinking, collaboration, problem solving, etc. Radios that support music, story/listening centers that are utilized daily and digital photo frames within each preschool classroom to give feedback and individualization to the children.
The main goal of the Physical Education program for early childhood students at World Academy is to provide them with authentically planned structured activities to foster the development of their manipulative (gross motor) and locomotor skills. Activities that involve running, walking and skipping along with gross motor exercises such as catching and throwing are important components of our individualized program and child development, in general. All of the fundamental skills that the children work on during physical education classes are important building blocks for a healthy active future with skills based on good sportsmanship.
Our Arts Program provides students with the opportunity to express themselves visually. Our program explores the elements of art including shape, form, line, space, color, value and texture. Through the year, using different media, students develop their critical thinking skills including decision making, problem solving, creative and evaluation skills. Art production skills are developed using a variety of two and three-dimensional medial. When applicable, art history knowledge and concepts from other disciplines are also incorporated into lessons.
Other educational enhancements of World Academy
- Individualized Student Plans for each student
- Gesell and Terra Nova testing
- Guidance and articulation for continued student success and placement
- Seamless curriculum coordination and multiple intelligences considerations for every ability level and through all grades
- Community service incorporated into the curriculum
- Field Trips to curriculum-related educationally stimulating locations
- Various safety programs at different levels to support efforts to stay healthy and safe
World Academy offers a constantly progressive schedule for our Preschool students, in addition to the enriched curriculum. The introduction of new activities is based on student interest.
Take a look at some of the activities below:
- Child/teacher ratio is 8:1 with a maximum class size of 16.
- Individual Student Plans are created which tailor the program to fit each unique child.
- Children remain in their groups for an entire year to promote bonding and trust.
- Children participate in Physical Education classes that focus on enhancing gross motor development, Music and Movement classes that focus on rhythm, beat, dancing and singing; Sign Language classes that focus on basic signs, colors, shapes and introduce numbers and letters.
- Learning centers are designed to support hands-on, developmentally appropriate learning experiences that allow children to freely practice their skills, explore, and discover at their own pace.
- Use of the playground, which is well planned, interesting, incorporates natural elements and is developmentally appropriate for three year olds is part of the daily schedule.
- The program is designed to provide a sense of empowerment and independence, as well as, encourage respect for others.
- A Daily Note is sent home to apprise parents of their child’s day detailing activities, amount of food eaten, and nap times, as well as, any special reminders.
- Emphasis is placed on refining gross and fine motor skills, learning basic colors, shapes, numbers and beginning writing skills.
- Valentine’s Tea Parties and field trips to local places of interest are a basic part of the curriculum.
- Extracurricular opportunity for Dance.
- Progress Reports are sent home in January and June to keep parents apprised of student progress and teachers are always available for conferences and/or meeting when requested.
When we selected World Academy for Colin's daytime care, we toured six different centers and found World Academy's Early Childhood Education programs, space, and menu to be superior to most of the other facilities we had viewed. We have been pleased with the care that Colin has received from Miss Lindsay, Miss Audrey, and the rest of the staff, and we have delighted in Colin's growth and development thanks to his time there. Both sets of grandparents and even our friends have expressed how impressed they are with the building, the classroom, and how happy he seems at the end of his days there. - The Hogan-Pherson Family
Tuition Rate Schedule for New Families Effective 1/1/18
Monthly Tuition Rates
A 5% tuition discount is offered on the lower tuition for second and subsequent children in a family who enroll at World Academy.
- $125 - Non-Refundable Registration Fee Due With Registration Paperwork
- All programs include morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack.
- Breakfast is included for all students who attend prior to 8 AM.