The Toddler program at World Academy is a year round, full day program with the option to bring your child 2 to 5 days per week. Child to teacher ratios are small to provide for optimal social interaction, while allowing the teachers much one on one time with each child.
Our busy Toddlers are bursting with energy, ideas, and curiosity, so our program is designed to support the uninterrupted and safe exploration of our intentionally-planned environment. This year is well-known for students wanting to be independent, while still needing a lot of support and patience as they learn self-help skills and how to use their blossoming language. Toddlers change and develop so much in this stage, so when we place a student in the Toddler program, we focus on where he/she is developmentally, to ensure each child can grow at his/her own pace in these important early years.
“We love World Academy. Our 2 year old son is in his first year of the Toddler program. The teachers are so supportive and create a warm, happy environment. The focus truly is on the children. We love seeing him try new things, gaining confidence and having lots of fun. The facilities are beautiful.”
– PARENT, WORLD ACADEMY
World Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or gender, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of its educational or admissions policies. Students with disabilities will be accommodated to the extent of the services and resources available.
Since it is our goal to provide an enriched environment that will foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth for all of our children, we consider the aptitude and attitude of the student and the commitment of the parents to be integral to the admissions process.
All families interested in a World Academy placement for their children may call and request a detailed tour of our school. While it isn’t a requirement that the student be present for the initial tour, it is encouraged, as we will need to meet the child before accepting him/her into our program. We also invite the student to visit and observe the classroom that the school selects as the best fit based on age, development and ability to be on target for appropriate future Kindergarten attendance. This will ensure the proper placement of your child in a program in which your child will flourish. Parents will be provided with an Ages and Stages Questionnaire on their tour which coincides with the chronological age of your child. This should be returned to school at the time of the student’s observation. After the visit, the school administration will be in contact with the parent to discuss the placement and review the next step in the enrollment process.
In order to finalize the enrollment process, the following forms and procedures must be completed and received 48 hours prior to a child starting in our program.
- Registration Form turned in with the non-refundable Registration Fee and any tuition that may be due.
- A copy of the necessary records (transcripts, up-to-date physical and immunization forms and other pertinent health, educational and/or legal records) on file at school by the first day of class (mandated by the State of NH).
- Emergency Contact Information Form.
- Child Developmental History Form.
- Activities Permission Form and Waiver.
- Child Precaution Form.
- Financial Agreement Form (This acknowledges full understanding of and agreement with school payment policies, financial obligations and school procedures.).
- Appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire.
Meet the Staff
“We couldn’t be happier with the experience we have had at World Academy. Our children have grown in ways we couldn’t have imagined. The teachers here are amazing, and my family has always felt supported by the school. We would recommend it to anyone!”
– PARENT, WORLD ACADEMY
Our Nursery program philosophy allows our children to grow and develop at their own pace and helps raise children to be confident, aware, focused, cooperative and resourceful. Our philosophy is firmly based on respect and individuality. Some of the goals of our philosophy are:
To provide an environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging and emotionally nurturing
To provide the child involvement in all care activities (allowing them to be an active participant rather than a passive recipient)
Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, explorer and self-learner
Clearly defined limits and expectations to develop discipline
To explore and interact with other infants and have time for uninterrupted play
The beginning of language development and the building block for security, trust and attachment
The developmental needs of toddlers are different from our younger Infants and our Preschool-age children. With this in mind all of our classrooms, materials and daily routine reflect the unique needs of toddlers. The program is carefully planned to meet the needs of children who are coming together for the first time. The Toddler program emphasizes and encourages language development, uninterrupted playtime and socializing with others. Large and small motor activities are also planned where children can “practice” being independent.
In order to meet the needs of our Toddlers, we have three Toddler classrooms. Each of these classrooms offers the following:
- Classroom activities designed to encourage language development & socialization.
- Large and small muscle activities are planned within a safe and warm environment where children can “practice” being independent.
- Children participate in toilet training and other self-help skills as part of the daily program.
- Fresh fruit available for breakfast in addition to lunch and 2 yummy snacks are provided (Mon-Thurs).
- Activities include drawing, ‘reading’, music, moving and joyful dancing.
- Flexible schedules – choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week to attend (full days only).
- Daily use of our well-planned, exciting and developmentally-appropriate infant/toddler playground.
- Weekly Storytelling Enrichment class brings stories alive for students with creative play, singing, dancing, puppetry, and word/finger play to strengthen pre-reading and linguistic skills. Students are also introduced to different cultures and are taught breathing exercises through yoga and mindfulness.
Tuition Rate Schedule for New Families Effective 1/1/24
Monthly Tuition Rates
A 5% tuition discount is offered on the lower tuition for second and subsequent children in a family who enroll at World Academy.
- $150 – Non-Refundable Registration Fee Due With Registration Paperwork.
- All programs include morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack (Mon-Thurs).
- Fresh fruit is included for all students who attend prior to 8 AM.