The Preschool Threes Program at World Academy is a year-round, full day program with the option to bring your child 2 to 5 days per week. The Preschool program is as diverse in scope as the children enrolled in the program. The program is geared towards helping each child develop habits of observation, questioning, listening, and an awareness of feelings. The curriculum focuses on the right of each child to express those feelings in a positive manner by channeling them into appropriate means of expression. Each child learns to make choices for him/herself and begins to develop an understanding of the world. An open-ended program such as ours prepares children to utilize their intellectual and creative abilities in future learning tasks and decisions. Each child learns at a different rate in a different way…but every day is a day of learning because the program is tailored to fit each child (not the other way around)!
The Preschool Threes Program is not just a wonderful preparation for Elementary School. It is a place where young children can meet and interact, feel safe away their families, while learning and having fun. Our school will stimulate your child’s imagination and physical, social, emotional development, while providing excellent opportunities for intellectual exploration.
The classroom is composed of different activity centers that allow children to express themselves and freely explore the world around them. Activity centers are designed to provide maximum challenge and interest to each child’s body and mind. The teacher encourages activities that enable children to learn through both sensory and motor experiences, while the classroom setting enables this learning process through its basic set up. Emphasis in the Preschool Threes program is placed on refining gross motor skills, learning basic colors, shapes, numbers and beginning writing skills.
Some of the unique features of the World Academy Preschool Threes program are:
- The program is tailored to fit each child – individual student plans are created for each.
- The program is designed to provide a sense of empowerment and independence, while encouraging respect for others.
- Children participate in Physical Education that focuses on activities designed to enhance gross-motor development for the age and a weekly Storytelling Enrichment class.
- Summer use of our onsite, in-ground wading pool.
- Exciting in-house field trips and to local places of interest are a part of the curriculum.
- Daily use of our well-planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate playground exclusively for Preschool-aged students.
- Fresh fruit available for breakfast daily, in addition to lunch and 2 tasty snacks are provided Monday through Thursday.
- Flexible schedules in Preschool Threes- choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week to attend with four different time options (full days only).
“We love World Academy. Our 2 year old son is in his first year of the Toddler program. The teachers are so supportive and create a warm, happy environment. The focus truly is on the children. We love seeing him try new things, gaining confidence and having lots of fun. The facilities are beautiful.”
– PARENT, WORLD ACADEMY
World Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or gender, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of its educational or admissions policies. Students with disabilities will be accommodated to the extent of the services and resources available.
Since it is our goal to provide an enriched environment that will foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional growth for all of our children, we consider the aptitude and attitude of the student and the commitment of the parents to be integral to the admissions process.
All families interested in a World Academy placement for their children may call and request a detailed tour of our school. While it isn’t a requirement that the student be present for the initial tour, it is encouraged, as we will need to meet the child before accepting him/her into our program. We also invite the student to visit and observe the classroom that the school selects as the best fit based on age, development and ability to be on target for appropriate future Kindergarten attendance. This will ensure the proper placement of your child in a program in which your child will flourish. Parents will be provided with an Ages and Stages Questionnaire on their tour which coincides with the chronological age of your child. This should be returned to school at the time of the student’s observation. After the visit, the school administration will be in contact with the parent to discuss the placement and review the next step in the enrollment process.
In order to finalize the enrollment process, the following forms and procedures must be completed and received 48 hours prior to a child starting in our program.
- Registration Form turned in with the non-refundable Registration Fee and any tuition that may be due.
- A copy of the necessary records (transcripts, up-to-date physical and immunization forms and other pertinent health, educational and/or legal records) on file at school by the first day of class (mandated by the State of NH).
- Emergency Contact Information Form.
- Child Developmental History Form.
- Activities Permission Form and Waiver.
- Child Precaution Form.
- Financial Agreement Form (This acknowledges full understanding of and agreement with school payment policies, financial obligations and school procedures.).
- Appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire.
Meet the Staff
“We couldn’t be happier with the experience we have had at World Academy. Our children have grown in ways we couldn’t have imagined. The teachers here are amazing, and my family has always felt supported by the school. We would recommend it to anyone!”
– PARENT, WORLD ACADEMY
Our enrichment programs are an important feature of a World Academy Preschool Education and are based on the NH Early Learning Standards:
Children’s exposure to interactive media and technology are progressively supplementally becoming a part of the context of young children’s growth and development, and such, have an additional role in the developmentally appropriate framework. Technology tools assist early childhood programs in fostering and expanding effective practices, intentionally selecting software that improves creativity, as a tool to view critically and to make decisions, in addition to, performing research, observing and documenting. The specific tech elements utilized at this time in our ECE classrooms consist of an overhead projector attached to a laptop with internet access for re-learning, critical thinking, collaboration, problem solving, etc. Radios that support music, story/listening centers that are utilized daily and digital photo frames within each Preschool classroom to give feedback and individualization to the children.
The main goal of the Physical Education program for early childhood students at World Academy is to provide them with authentically planned structured activities to foster the development of their manipulative (gross motor) and locomotor skills. Activities that involve running, walking and skipping along with gross motor exercises such as catching and throwing are important components of our individualized program and child development, in general. All of the fundamental skills that the children work on during physical education classes are important building blocks for a healthy active future with skills based on good sportsmanship.
Storytelling Enrichment Class
Weekly Storytelling Enrichment class that brings stories alive for students with creative play, singing, dancing, puppetry, and word/finger play to strengthen pre-reading and linguistic skills. Students are also introduced to different cultures and are taught breathing exercises through yoga and mindfulness.
Our Arts Program provides students with the opportunity to express themselves visually. Our program explores the elements of art including shape, form, line, space, color, value and texture. Through the year, using different media, students develop their critical thinking skills including decision making, problem solving, creative and evaluation skills. Art production skills are developed using a variety of two and three-dimensional medial. When applicable, art history knowledge and concepts from other disciplines are also incorporated into lessons.
Other educational enhancements of World Academy
- Individualized Student Plans for each student.
- Guidance and articulation for continued student success and placement.
- Seamless curriculum coordination and multiple intelligences considerations for every ability level and through all grades.
- Community service incorporated into the curriculum.
- Field Trips to curriculum-related educationally stimulating locations.
- Various safety programs at different levels to support efforts.
World Academy offers a constantly progressive schedule for our Preschool students, in addition to the enriched curriculum. The introduction of new activities is based on student interest.
Take a look at some of the activities below:
- Child/teacher ratio is 8:1.
- Individual Student Plans are created which tailor the program to fit each unique child.
- Children participate in Physical Education classes that focus on enhancing gross motor development and Storytelling classes to develop pre-reading skills.
- Learning centers are designed to support hands-on, developmentally appropriate learning. experiences that allow children to freely practice their skills, explore, and discover at their own pace.
- Use of the playground, which is well planned, interesting, incorporates natural elements and is developmentally appropriate for three year olds is part of the daily schedule.
- The program is designed to provide a sense of empowerment and independence, as well as, encourage respect for others.
- A Daily Note is posted to a classroom white board to apprise parents of the children’s day, detailing activities and any special reminders.
- Emphasis is placed on refining gross and fine motor skills, learning basic colors, shapes, numbers and beginning writing skills.
- Valentine’s Tea Parties and field trips to local places of interest are a basic part of the curriculum.
- Extracurricular opportunity for Dance.
- Progress Reports are sent home in November, March and June to keep parents apprised of student progress and teachers are always available for conferences and/or meeting when requested.
Tuition Rate Schedule for New Families Effective 1/1/24
Monthly Tuition Rates
A 5% tuition discount is offered on the lower tuition for second and subsequent children in a family who enroll at World Academy.
- $150 – Non-Refundable Registration Fee Due With Registration Paperwork.
- All programs include morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack (Mon-Thurs).
- Fresh fruit is included for all students who attend prior to 8 AM.